Putting kids first
"What's best for the students?" That's a question that you will hear a lot if you join our team. We believe that we exist to serve the children of Heard County. Our goal is to provide the best education for our students in order for them to have as many options available to them as possible upon graduation. We want our graduates to choose one of three options; Employment, Enlistment, or Enrollment. We refer to these outcomes as the 3 E's. We believe our students are much more than a test score or portion of a graduation rate. We are preparing our children for life!
How we go about our core business of teaching, learning, and putting kids first is important to us. The attitude we bring to the school, the way we talk to students, the way we collaborate with colleagues, the positive relationships with parents are all important to our school system. Our Core Values define our expectations. These Core Values come from the description of love found in I Corinthians 13: 4-7. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
We believe in:
- Processing all decisions through the filter of Putting Kids First.
- Cultivating caring and enriching relationships with colleagues, students, parents, and our community.
- Employing an instructional process of teaching the standards in an engaging way and re-mediating students who do not initially master those standards.
- Developing instructional leaders who develop great teachers
- Sustaining athletic programs that build a championship attitude and work ethic that prepares students for success in life